Wireless newbies -- just try NetworkManager!

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Thu Mar 13 23:58:43 UTC 2008

Simon Slater wrote:

> Each day and thread (daily threads) on wireless networking I find
> useful, but are usually sparse pieces of a big puzzle.  I've read Jean
> T's howto  and the TLDP howto a second time now plus chapters fron
> various books but understanding of the details is slow in coming.

Sadly both Jean Tourrilhes Wireless Howto
<http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/>
and the TLDP Wireless HOWTO
<http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Wireless-HOWTO-2.html>
are terribly out-of-date.

In my view there is huge need for an update of both or either.

I don't think John Linville's "Just do what I say,
and don't ask questions" is an adequate substitute.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366