how to find old packages - keep them in the first place.

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Sat Mar 15 02:09:36 UTC 2008

Paul Lemmons wrote:
>> How can someone who is using ATI or Nvidia drivers from Livna revert
>> to the previous kernel in that situation?
For me the best way is to adjust /etc/yum.conf to keepcache=1

Then all rpms that are downloaded to perform installs/updates stay on
your machine. {/var/cache/yum}

But don't run yum clean all nor yum clean packages, as this will erase
the kept packages from the cache. You can still run yum clean metatdata
dbcache if having repo/yum problems.

This works well for me since I either rsync or ftp the cache to another
machine that needs updating...

DaveT