Network Problems after recent upgrades - 2.6.24 kernel?

Peter J. Stieber developer at toyon.com
Sat Mar 15 02:28:49 UTC 2008

PS = Peter Stieber

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
RD>>> join the club.  just back off to the earlier
RD>>> kernel and stay there until things sort
RD>>> themselves out.

PS>> I am running the prior kernel, but one of the
PS>> adapters is still not working when I booted
PS>> the prior kernel.  I was asking for help with
PS>> that problem.  Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

BC = Brian Chadwick
BC> rename ifcfg-ethx.bak to ifcfg.ethx, then "service network restart"

Thanks Brian.  That worked.  I was doing everything backwards.  I was
copying the *.bak files from /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts to
/etc/sysconfig/profiles/default.

I thought that was the proper place to put them.  Did something change?

Where can I learn about this?

Thanks again Brian,
Pete