FC8, lost sound

Nigel Henry cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr
Sun Mar 16 18:10:54 UTC 2008

On Sunday 16 March 2008 18:10, max wrote:
> Aaron Konstam wrote:

> >> cat /proc/asound/cards and see if somehow it's still finding another
> >> card. What does alsamixer show for output devices?
> >
> > Omce again. alsamixer does not work if pulseaudio is active.
> > --
> > No matter who you are, some scholar can show you the great idea you had
> > was had by someone before you.
> > Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net
>
> Check that all the services that should be running are in fact running.
>

> Max

Personally, and not wishing to knock Lennart's Pulseaudio, which I'm sure
quite a lot of folks have found usefull. All the same though, I think I'd
temporarily remove the alsa-plugins-pulseaudio package, then see if sounds
work as expected.

Pulseaudio, installed as default on F8 appears to have caused problems for
some folks, including myself, and removing alsa-plugins-pulseaudio got my
sounds back as they were before on previous Fedora versions.

2¢ worth of nothing perhaps.

Nigel.