USB error #62

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Mar 17 02:30:06 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-03-15 at 14:43 -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
> During boot, I keep getting this error message: "USB 1-2: device not
> accepting address 2, error -62"
>
> Since I'm having problems getting my LG phone to connect via USB
> cable, and it occupies a zone 2 address, is this part of the
> problem??

I see a similar error message anytime that I boot my laptop with the
mouse plugged in (though I get a 71 error, not 62).  It works fine
post-boot, so I've just ignored it.

I'm guessing that the system is probing all USB devices to see if it can
make use of them while booting (e.g. looking for external drives), and
that sort of usage isn't compatible with a mouse, so it responds like
that.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.