Experience of using Fedora in schools

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 06:55:23 UTC 2008

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 12:59 AM, Nicholas Robinson
<npr at bottlehall.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi
>
>  I've finally managed to convince my school that we should consider abandoning
>  XP on the workstations (we've been using fedora servers for several years)
>  and use fedora instead.
>
>  Does anyone have any experience of which is better, gnome or kde, for 8-13
>  year olds? On the basis of four machines, for three days, being trialled by a
>  few children, it would seem that gnome is ahead. I've always used kde though!
>
>  Thanks for any help you can give.

You could install both Gnome and KDE, default to Gnome, and let the
adventurous try KDE at will. That's kinda how I got hooked on KDE,
considering that Gnome has always been the redhat default. So put your
effort (tutorials, screnecasts, etc) into Gnome, but let KDE be
available.

( www.pembo13.com )