Copying a Hard Disk Containing Windows With Fedora

jdow jdow at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 17 19:52:01 UTC 2008

If the drive is known good:
dd if=sda of=sdb bs=8225200    <<-- copies the full disk all partitions

If the drive is bad use a block size of 512 and CONV=noerrors and
CONV=sync. A CONV=fdatasync makes sure the last write is finished
before you see the program's done. But that's only helpful if you
watch paint peel as a hobby. You also might want to make an run to
a file on a Linux machine with a suitable amount of space space.
Then you can make sure you can copy something that is mountable.

{^_^}    Joanne