Xvnc - Keymapping problems?

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Wed Mar 19 18:13:59 UTC 2008

Daniel B. Thurman  Wrote:
> Uh, I started up Xvnc many times before, but I noticed
> something very wierd.  It seems that I may have a keymapping
> problem somewhere.
>
> I am able to type in uppercased A-Z, but I am unable to type
> in letters such as bcdipvxz
>
> letter c and p invoked exalle music player.
>
> Is there something I can check to see what is going on?

Ok, a little more tidbit...

I created a new user for testing, and it appears to work with
all of the letters.  I checked and compared the .vnc directoies
with the two users and there is nothing different.  I checked to
see if I had any .Xresources or .XDefaults files and all there is
is the .Xauthority.

Perhaps there is a file somewhere in .gnome or something that is
allowing exalle mapping keys to take over if that is the problem
or maybe a symptom of something else?

Can anyone help here?

Checked by AVG.