EDAC error

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Tue Mar 25 21:36:03 UTC 2008

Brent Snow, Mr. wrote:
> Hi Roger,
>
> 	Thanks for the insight!!!
>
> 	This is the odd thing. A standard out of the box Fedora 7 Kernel
> (no updates) does not produce this error. It starts as soon as I upgrade
> the Kernel. As I want to take advantage of the latest functions of the
> Kernel, I wanted to use the latest.
>
> 	I am going to reinstall the system as Fedora 7, and see what
> happens. I updated the BIOS to the latest released, and would turn off
> ECC if it was available in the BIOS, but it is not an available setting.
> I guess I will start there and keep testing and searching for a
> solution.

Department of unsolicited advice:

   There's a fairly high probability that the error is because your
memory (or possibly some DMA device) is really bad. Removing the warning
will not make it work, it's like turning up the radio so you don't hear
the bearings knock in your car.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>