tweaking printouts

Michael Klinosky mpk2 at enter.net
Wed Mar 26 21:04:36 UTC 2008

Akira:
> TW> This comes from the 'paps' package.  The texttopaps filter (which we use
> TW> to convert text to PostScript for CUPS in Fedora) sets the font.
>
> Actually it depends on what the kind of font you have
> installed and how it set up on fontconfig.

Installed where / how?

Perhaps you mean System -> Prefs -> Look and Feel -> Font? There's only
1 bold there - the window title. The Document font is Sans - regular - 10.

> paps uses
> Monospace as the font. I'm not sure if there are any options
> to change the font from lp/lpr. if there are, I can patch
> out to support it on paps.

I looked thru the man pages for lp and lpoptions - nothing to set the
font. Nothing in Admin -> Printer either.

Tim
> Do you know why the font currently used looks like it's in bold?

I'm comparing it to gedit's printouts.