[OT] HELP!!! mail attack

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Thu Mar 27 10:29:32 UTC 2008

Tim wrote:

> And for some, once is more than enough.  I don't use any spam filters,
> as one false positive is more than enough, and I've seen many more than
> one.

I do. Once I've accepted the email it's delivered; into the user's spam
folder if it looks spammy, into their Windwoes folder if it might have
executable content.

Today I had the pleasure of filtering through 200+ emails, mostly
offering male enhancements or medications, one or two "You've won ..."
and a "check your bank details at this location...."

One thing has me foxed about those male medications and such - I only
get them at work (a .edu.au address). This email address gets none, the
domain only gets email from a few sites, but I have some other
long-standing email addresses that get none of that, but more financial
spam.

--

Cheers
John