Recommended USB TV Capture

Ferguson, Michael ferguson at BRVMLAW.COM
Fri Mar 28 10:05:02 UTC 2008

I am curious about the camera. Which is it?

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com]
On Behalf Of Bill Davidsen
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2008 5:22 PM
To: For users of Fedora
Subject: Re: Recommended USB TV Capture

Nicholas Robinson wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a good wireless camera that generates video/audio, but since I
> upgraded my motherboard, there's nowhere to plug my old tv capture
> card in (you can tell my hardware knowledge is limited!!!)
>
> Rather than buy another card, I was wondering about using one of these
> usb tv capture devices that you see lurking seductively on the impulse
> sections of the racks at PC World or wherever. Are they any good? Do
> any of them work with Fedora 8? Is there a big difference in quality
> even though there isn't a huge difference in price? Is there a specific
one that someone knows works?

I got one from CompUSA in November, just before they admitted they were
going out of business. You might find one on eBay or similar, the branding
is theirs. Works on FC4 and FC7, probably work anywhere...

As for current stuff, no idea, and the specs change so often by the time I
find one which works, the current available model isn't the same. Also not
that some have no tuner, they take composite and S-video only.

If you want something serious, see pchomerun.com, really awesome solution,
at <$200.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
   "We have more to fear from the bungling of the incompetent than from the