Bluetooth keyboard issue

chris at chrisnet.id.au chris at chrisnet.id.au
Sat Mar 29 11:33:59 UTC 2008

Hi All,

I have recently purchased a bluetooth keyboard but am unable to
connect to it in Fedora.  Reading some emails here it seems I am not
the only one :(

When I try to connect by clicking on \'Bluetooth Icon -> Browse
Device...\' then selecting \'Device: BTKB-0030 Type: Keyboard\' this
dialog error appears after about 20-30 seconds:

Couldn\'t display \"obex://[00:18:00:00:11:19]/\".
Error: Host down
Please select another viewer and try again.

After some googling I tried a command line tool, but with no success:

# hidd --connect 00:18:00:00:11:19
Can\'t get device information: Host is down

(It seems \'hidd\' is obselete now, replaced by hcid?)

Is there some step I have missed? (I didn\'t find any filed bugs that
matched this description).

regards,
Chris