Where's the bluetooth jargon demystifier?

Mike mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 17:07:57 UTC 2008

Tom Horsley <tom.horsley <at> att.net> writes:

> As near as I can tell, the theory is that hidd is obsolete and the
> new InputService does the job. I accidentally stumbled across a
> wiki page that gave an example of some dbus gibberish used to
> feed the input service various info: http://wiki.bluez.org/wiki/Input
> (I've rarely seen such dense gibberish .

OK I use KDE.

I just powered up my Dell D610 laptop and did
yum install kdebluetooth.

Checked that service bluetooth status showed bluetooth was running.

Then went to
K -> System -> Bluetooth Wizard

I switched on the BT mouse and it was listed - and I clicked connect - and
hit the rest button on the mouse. It paired and works fine.

I don't know what the equivalent Gnome method is but this works fine for KDE.