CORBA errors on GNOME login

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Mon Mar 31 19:36:56 UTC 2008

Running GNOME in fully updated F8 on a dual-core x86_64.  When I log in,
several apps or applets produce pop-up error boxes with the following
text:

        An error occurred while loading or saving configuration
        information for <applet>. Some of your configuration settings
        may not work properly.

Clicking the "details" button produces one to several occurrences of the
message:

        Adding client to server's list failed, CORBA error:
        IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0

This started a while back, and it would occur on the first login after
boot, but subsequent logins would work fine.  More recently, it's
started happening on every login.  The applets that produce the error
vary, but they include

- Power Manager
- gnome-terminal
- Evolution's calendar/alarm app
- nm-applet

and others.

Anybody have a clue what's going on?  Which component should I BZ?

TIA.

--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences