Fedora 9 and a Hauppauge PVR-350

Jeffrey Ross jeff at bubble.org
Fri May 2 19:39:29 UTC 2008

Patrick wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-05-02 at 14:10 -0400, Jeffrey Ross wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to get a PVR-350 working in the system which is Fedora 9
>> x86_64.  I've search and seem to only be able to find instructions for
>> Ubunto or older versions of Fedora.
>>
>> pointers would be appreciated.
>>
>> The card shows up with lspci -v as:
>>
>> 07:02.0 Multimedia video controller: Internext Compression Inc iTVC15
>> MPEG-2 Encoder (rev 01)
>>         Subsystem: Hauppauge computer works Inc. WinTV PVR-350
>>         Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 11
>>         Memory at 90000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=64M]
>>         Capabilities: [44] Power Management version 2
>>         Kernel modules: ivtv
>>

> Last week I installed MythTV 0.21 on a box with F8 and a Hauppage
> PVR-500. The only thing it took was enabling the atrpms repo and do a
> yum install mythtv. I looked at using F9/Rawhide too but iirc atrpms
> does not have MythTV RPMs for F9/Rawhide yet. Or maybe it just uses the
> ones from F8. Not sure, you can give it a try. This guide still applies
> to F8 and probably to F9 too. Includes stuff about drivers for your PVR
> card (ivtv): http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php
>
> Regards,
> Patrick

right now Mythtv is a little more than I wanted to install at the
moment.  However I tried, but I run into a failure with

"Error: Missing Dependency: libmp4ff.so.0()(64bit) is needed by package
mythmusic"

of course I wasn't using the ATrpms but the Livna repository...

suggestions on how to get out of the dependency problems?