GFS on fedora?

Todd Denniston Todd.Denniston at ssa.crane.navy.mil
Mon May 5 22:20:46 UTC 2008

Dave Stevens wrote, On 05/05/2008 05:21 PM:
> On Sunday 04 May 2008 02:17:54 pm Oliveiros Cristina wrote:
>> Dear List,
>>
>> I would like to know if it is possible to have fgs running on a cluster of
>> fedora machines?
>>
>> If it is, could you please kindly supply some pointers to documentation
>> illustrating the procedure for installing it?

I don't use it, and I am on F8, so apply salt as needed.
start by running the following two commands:
yum info gfs2*
ls /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/fs/gfs*/

That is to say, I think all you need to do to install gfs is:
yum install gfs2*
and then look at all the gfs2 stuff that gets installed in man8.
also the rpm --info of the rpm lists http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/wiki/
as a related URL, it might help...especially the FAQ entry.

Also I would assume that you already have the kind of storage needed for a GFS
SAN?
http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/wiki/FAQ/GFS#gfshwreqs
(Note: I think DRBD can fill the bill on shared storage now too.)
http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/wiki/FAQ/GFS#gfs_twopcs

>> Thanks a lot in advance
>>
>> Best,
>> Oliveiros
>
> in your header you refer to GFS then in the body you say fgs. I don't
> understand.
The original poster gets to have no typos?

--
Todd Denniston