A sneak peek at Fedora 9

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sat May 10 15:20:16 UTC 2008

Tim wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-05-08 at 20:56 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> This smells like flash.
>
> Looks like it, too...  But what does flash smell like?  ;-)
>
> It's hardly a "sneak peak," though.  You don't really get to see
> anything of it, just a few screen shots.  You just watch this lecture
> that goes on for about an hour and eighteen minutes, with some audience
> members asking some questions that you can't hear.
>
> You could have found out just as much by reading an article, and wasted
> far less of your time doing so.

But I can't read an article and do something else, while I can listen
(in)attentively, and when some feature comes up which matters to me, I
can watch. Can't figure out how to get the image to go full screen, tho,
need a magnifying glass for the slides. :-(

I have FC9beta with installs running in a virtual machine under kvm, and
other than having lost my notes on how to make the VM outside accessible
so I can test it as a server I'm happy. I installed the beta, then made
a qcow copy for the updates as of May 9, then did a qcow copy of that to
actually do my playing. So I can give the kids copies of the updates
image and they can play in their own machines. Got to love kvm.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>