F9 first impressions of release - and a couple niggles

Mike mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Wed May 14 06:11:07 UTC 2008

Timothy Murphy <gayleard <at> eircom.net> writes:

> I couldn't see how to add an application to the panel,
> and the organisation of the main KDE menu seemed bizarre.

If you go to the app of interest in the kick-off menu, then right click
you can then choose "Add to Panel"

You can also add a classic version of kickoff to the panel which works
rather like the old KDE3.5 one but the sub-menus sit on top of the main one.
Maybe that will get fixed in an update. I believe that things will get much
better when KDE4.1 comes out around July