Service "named" in f9 - problematic

Mike C mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Wed May 14 12:47:12 UTC 2008

In the previous few releases of Fedora I have found that I needed to use
system-config-bind to set up the initial set of files for bind-chroot
and then amend the files in the chrooted environment under /var/named/chroot
to suit me needs.

I tried this method in F9 following a clean install and then doing
yum install system-config-bind

Then running system-config-bind - however it seems that in F9 this opens
a gui but does not create the initial set of files in /var/named/chroot

Does anyone have any workarounds for this, or is this a bug that needs
fixing?  I have looked at bugzilla but could not find any relevant entries.