f9 eth0 not enabled on startup

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang.rupprecht+gnus200805 at gmail.com
Wed May 14 18:09:48 UTC 2008

"David L" <idht4n at gmail.com> writes:
> Each time I reboot f9, the eth0 device doesn't come up.
> system-config-network shows eth0 as having the activate-
> on-boot box checked.  I can start eth0 manually after boot-up,
> but it's a pain.  Any ideas what's wrong?

  chkconfig network on
  service network start

I noticed that F9 from a clean install (at least on my 2 amd64
installs) appeared to have the networking service off.  I don't know
if they can claim that this is for added security since F9 brings up
the network during the install.  It is only after the first reboot
that one is hosed.

-wolfgang
IPv6 on Fedora 7 http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/fedora/ipv6-tunnel.html