KDE update question in F9

kwhiskerz kwhiskerz at gmail.com
Fri May 16 15:41:35 UTC 2008

Since the first update of KDE 4 to 4.0.1 and every update since then, right
after kdegames is updated, there always appears the following message, twice:

Cannot overwrite existing module

The updates, all of these months, have otherwise executed successfully and, as
far as I can ascertain, the programs work as they are supposed to.

What is this error and do I need to be concerned about it, ie., is it unique
to my system configuration, or does everyone's system experience it? There
seems to be no mention of it by searching google or bugzilla.