package-cleanup gets carried away

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri May 16 15:50:19 UTC 2008

TNWestTex wrote:

> rahulsundaram wrote:
>> TNWestTex wrote:
>>> Ran
>>> package-cleanup --orphans
>>> on my F8 system that has been through several versions.  It flagged a
>>> long
>>> list of my F8 rpm's that I think are really desired on the system as well
>>> as
>>> some from the older versions.  Things like cups, blas, crontab, cpp.
>>>
>>> What gives?
>> Post the output. Don't make us guess.
>>
>> Rahul
>>

> Here it comes.  Piped through sort.

Orphans are packages that are installed on your system but not available
in the repositories that are currently enabled on your system. It
appears that you might not have updated your system and the older
packages have been removed from your repository, from a previous version
that you have locked or it has been misconfigured. Check output of yum
repolist too.

Rahul