F9 Ignores keyboard?

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sat May 17 17:17:49 UTC 2008

--- Knute Johnson <knute at frazmtn.com> wrote:

> >On Fri, 2008-05-16 at 20:22 -0700, Knute Johnson
> wrote:
> >> I finally downloaded the F9 DVD today and when I
> try to run it, it
> >> starts fine but I cannot get it to pay attention
> to the keyboard.
> >
> >You should say what sort of keyboard you're using.
> USB, PS/2, something
> >else?
>
> USB, came with the computer.
>
>   And if it's USB, how your BIOS is set.  Some have
> options for
> >handling a USB keyboard as if it's PS/2.  Some have
> generic "legacy"
> >options for USB.
>
> There are no USB options for the keyboard just the
> mouse.  It has
> PS/2 support enabled.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
>
> Knute Johnson
> Molon Labe...
>

> --

Knute,

The same thing happened to me.  The computer is a bit
old, and with old usb 1.1 support, I used usb keyboard
and usb mouse and the install did not respond to any
key that I pressed :(.  This is good to find out what
is wrong :)

Try the PS/2 mouse+keyboard combination and report
back.

Regards,

Antonio