<OT> OLPC program swings to M$

Tom Poe tompoe at fngi.net
Sun May 18 02:32:45 UTC 2008

max wrote:
> Ric Moore wrote:
>> http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/2008-05-16-microsoft-100-dollar-laptop_N.htm
>>

>> Kind of a kick in the pants to RH and all of their efforts, by
>> Negroponte!
>
> It costs more and can't use some of the security features or the mesh
> networking.
>
> Max

Dear World:  Microsoft is pleased to announce that it has come to the
rescue and provided the first document standard, ooxml, in order to do
what the world community and its efforts with odf couldn't do.  Buy our
products.  We are also pleased to announce that we have come to the
rescue and provided the first really worthwhile OLPC computer that
couldn't work before.  You may all bow down, now, and buy our products,
not theirs.
Tom