Fedora-9 minor issue #3

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Mon May 19 12:33:17 UTC 2008

Kevin Kofler wrote:

>> Under Fedora-8, I could right-click on the main K-icon in the panel,
>> go to Panel Menu=>Add Application to Panel=>Add Non-KDE Application,
>> and add my own little panel icon to carry out whatever command I chose.

> Actually it's currently under Settings / Menu Editor in the menu. The
> right-click menu is where it's supposed to be and will presumably be in
> 4.1 (at least according to http://websvn.kde.org/?view=rev&revision=789252
> ), but not where it currently is in 4.0.

Thanks, I found it in the end.
It seems to have a few foibles still,
eg having got the icon in my panel
I found I had to right-click on it and choose Permissions=>Make Executable,
which didn't seem to be a choice in the KDE Menu Editor.

Also I couldn't get the icon to remain in the same place on the panel -
it whizzed around in a bizarre way.

Then it disappeared from the panel (but remained in f=>Applications)
when I re-booted.

I guess a few things in KDE-4 remain to be sorted out.