kmail draft not editable

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon May 19 17:56:32 UTC 2008

On Monday 19 May 2008 16:22, Craig White wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-05-19 at 16:16 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > >
> > > ----
> > > sorry...can't confirm it
> > >
> > > I use cyrus-imapd as my imap server though and my first test used Local
> > > Folders/Drafts which worked fine. Then I switched it so that it used my
> > > IMAP/Drafts folder to store the saved 'draft', then re-opened it,
> > > edited it and sent it and it worked fine (Kmail F9)
> > >
> > > Maybe something in your dovecot setup?
> >
> > Maybe, or maybe a coincidence.  I'll do some more checks.
>
> ----
> try using another mail client and saving/editing a draft

Hmm - found the problem and solution.  The behaviour is different under KDE4.
Under 3.x a double-click would open a draft in an edit window.  Under 4.0.x
it appears to do the same but you can't edit it.  Instead you have to either
select Edit Message from the menu or short-cut T.  Simple enough once you
find it, but confusing at first.

Anne