Any progress on FC9 flash sound issue?

M A Young m.a.young at durham.ac.uk
Mon May 19 23:34:23 UTC 2008

On Mon, 19 May 2008, Bill Davidsen wrote:

>>> Related note, the "play" app still works for wav files, and PulseAudio
>>> always picks the video capture card, if present, as the output soundcard.
>>> Since there is no sound in documented or physically visible, this is a bit
>>> of a mystery. Happens with two no-name sound cards and an ATI HDTV-Wonder
>>> (all BT based, if that helps). Removing the card doesn't make sound work,
>>> tried that.
>>>
>> Do you have  libflashsupport  installed ?
>> It is on the Fedora9 repo
>>
> Yes.

If you aren't getting sound from more than just flash, check all the
sliders in the volume control, including the ones not displayed by
default. I had the problem that one of the sliders (possibly Surround) was
muted. Incidentally, if you have x86_64 you need libflashsupport.i386 as
well as x86_64.

 	Michael Young