Fedora 9 Installation "no drives found" Mylex DAC960

fedora-list at redhat.com fedora-list at redhat.com
Tue May 20 12:00:14 UTC 2008

(This didn't seem to reach the list first time I sent it...)

I am trying to install Fedora 9 on my Intel L440GX+ motherboard with a
Mylex DAC960 RAID controller.

Fedora 8 worked perfectly and installed with no problems on the disk
presented from the DAC960 as /dev/rd/c0d0.

Fedora 9 does not allow me to install to the same drive, even though
both parted and fdisk can see this drive and the partitions on it when
booted off the F9 installation media.

Anaconda does not show the drive at all during the disk layout
configuration and instead reports "No Drives Found" as an error box.

Does anyone have a way of forcing Anaconda to show this perfectly valid
device and allow it to be configured as an installation target? This is
a MASSIVE retrograde step as I have multiple servers of this architecture.

Thanks
Kelvin