Any progress on FC9 flash sound issue?

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Tue May 20 15:55:20 UTC 2008

M A Young wrote:

>>> Do you have  libflashsupport  installed ?
>>> It is on the Fedora9 repo
>>>
>> Yes.
>
> If you aren't getting sound from more than just flash, check all the
> sliders in the volume control, including the ones not displayed by
> default. I had the problem that one of the sliders (possibly Surround)
> was muted. Incidentally, if you have x86_64 you need
> libflashsupport.i386 as well as x86_64.

Some info and a question: I went to the adobe site and found that the
flash for Linux has been upgraded from v115 to v124. I installed that
and it didn't help. So how do I see the undisplayed sliders? I checked
"show all" in pavucontrol, and alsamixer show nothing but pulse, so
where are these other sliders?

On the volume control the output output muted is the PC speaker, and the
inputs are all enabled for all output and input devices. And output
things like the "play" command work just fine. Haven't D/L mplayer to
try that, but all the annoting snaps, crackles, pops, and chortles occur
when a window is opened or closed, and when some menu items are
selected. Other than flash the sound works fine.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>