multimonitor setup on F9?

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Tue May 20 16:39:47 UTC 2008

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 3:39 PM, Konstantin Svist <fry.kun at gmail.com> wrote:
> Paul Johnson wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 2:55 PM, Konstantin Svist <fry.kun at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

> Thanks, I'll check out your howto!
> I was under the impression that the new xrandr was meant to allow dynamic
> monitor switching. I really hate going through xorg.conf every time I want
> to plug/unplug a monitor. In F7, I've found a combination of
> fglrx/krandrtray/xorg.conf that lets me more or less switch between two
> configurations (lvds only vs. lvds+crt1)

Yes, xrandr does allow that.  I only use xrandr interactively to test
things, then reconfigure xorg.conf to be that way because I don't want
to have to teach 100 users how to do it.  But the interactive command
does work.   Do some googling and you'll see that's really the easy
part.  putting same into format for xorg.conf is harder.

pj

--
Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science