undeletable /aquota.user file

Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak mjc at avtechpulse.com
Wed May 21 13:34:20 UTC 2008

I have a undeletable /aquota.user file. How can I get rid of it? Quotas
are not in use.

- Mike

[root at xyz /]# rm aquota.user
rm: remove regular file `aquota.user'? y
rm: cannot remove `aquota.user': Operation not permitted

[root at xyz /]# mount
/dev/sda3 on / type ext3 (rw,noatime)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
/dev/sda1 on /boot type ext3 (rw,noatime)
none on /tmp type tmpfs (rw,noexec,nosuid)
none on /var/tmp type tmpfs (rw,noexec,nosuid)
none on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,noexec,nosuid)
none on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type binfmt_misc (rw)

[root at xyz /]# sestatus
SELinux status:                 disabled