Any progress on FC9 flash sound issue?

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Wed May 21 16:57:17 UTC 2008

M A Young wrote:
> On Tue, 20 May 2008, Bill Davidsen wrote:
>
>> Some info and a question: I went to the adobe site and found that the
>> flash for Linux has been upgraded from v115 to v124. I installed that
>> and it didn't help. So how do I see the undisplayed sliders? I checked
>> "show all" in pavucontrol, and alsamixer show nothing but pulse, so
>> where are these other sliders?
>
> If you right click on the speaker icon you can select "Open Volume
> Control" and then in preferences tick the boxes to show more controls. I
> think amixer -c 0 may to this in command line mode or alsamixer -c0

That was pretty much what I meant in the paragraph below, I never
thought of anything on the menu as "undisplayed" in that sense.

>> On the volume control the output output muted is the PC speaker, and
>> the inputs are all enabled for all output and input devices. And
>> output things like the "play" command work just fine. Haven't D/L
>> mplayer to try that, but all the annoting snaps, crackles, pops, and
>> chortles occur when a window is opened or closed, and when some menu
>> items are selected. Other than flash the sound works fine.
>
> play is a bad example, because I think that still uses the old sound
> interface OSS. But if you are getting sound from other windows it is
> probably just flash. Note for x86_64 you need libflashsupport.i386 to
> get sound working.

I'm running plain 32 bit x86. That lib is not required by the adobe
9.0.115 or 9.0.124 rpms, so I don't know what to make of that. Nothing
loaded it, and flash had sound without it until I went to cnn.com, so
I'm dubious it's needed for x86.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>