USB drive install

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Wed May 21 19:16:49 UTC 2008

If I do an FC9 install on a USB drive, including writing the grub to the
MBR on the USB drive, is there any reason why I can't pull the plug and
leave the system untouched?

Alternatively, since I have grub in the sda MBR, is there any reason not
to just put an additional stanza (not default) in grub.conf to boot FC9
off USB, and just select that as a boot option when the USB is plugged in?

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>