BUG in Anaconda, it seems -- more, maybe

Todd Denniston Todd.Denniston at ssa.crane.navy.mil
Wed May 21 20:53:08 UTC 2008

Beartooth wrote, On 05/21/2008 04:46 PM:
> On Wed, 21 May 2008 16:14:57 -0400, Todd Denniston wrote:
>
>> If no one else pipes up, my suggestions would be: A) strings
>> rhinstall-stage2.img |less
>> 	and see if it looks like your bug report.
>
> 	I did that. It looks to me like an endless column of gibberish,
> mostly eight or ten characters wide, with here and ther a short line
> containing words.
>
>> B) cp rhinstall-stage2.img rhinstall-stage2.img.test
>
> 	OK -- I did that.
>
>>     mount -oro,loop rhinstall-stage2.img.test /mnt/
>> assuming Squashfs is built into your Ubuntu kernel.
>
> 	I gave the first line above as a command, as root; it returned me
> to my prompt. Now what?

ls /mnt/ # :)
or
ls -R /mnt/
and start exploring the filesystem now mounted at /mnt.
as Squashfs is compressed (sorry I forgot about that in suggestion A), the
file containing the bug report may still be in there, but now you might be
able find it as it is (probably) a normal file now.

> 	I see you're at Crane. Give my best to Bill and Karen Worrall, if
> they're still there!

Don't know them, but then I don't know a lot of folks here. :(

--
Todd Denniston