BUG in Anaconda, it seems -- more, maybe

Beartooth Beartooth at swva.net
Thu May 22 13:02:42 UTC 2008

On Wed, 21 May 2008 16:53:08 -0400, Todd Denniston wrote:

	[....]
>>>     mount -oro,loop rhinstall-stage2.img.test /mnt/
>>> assuming Squashfs is built into your Ubuntu kernel.
>>
>> 	I gave the first line above as a command, as root; it returned me
>> to my prompt. Now what?
>>

> ls /mnt/ # :)

root at SblzUb:/TEST# ls /mnt/ #
etc  firmware  lib  modules  proc  usr  var
root at SblzUb:/TEST#

	I guess I just start doing ls on those directories; stay tuned.

> or
> ls -R /mnt/
> and start exploring the filesystem now mounted at /mnt. as Squashfs is
> compressed (sorry I forgot about that in suggestion A), the file
> containing the bug report may still be in there, but now you might be
> able find it as it is (probably) a normal file now.

	I tried this :

root at SblzUb:/TEST# ls -R /mnt/|grep bug
debug
/mnt/usr/lib/debug:
debug.py
debug.pyc
Debugger.py
Debugger.pyc
RemoteDebugger.py
RemoteDebugger.pyc
debugfs
jfs_debugfs
debug
/mnt/usr/src/debug:
root at SblzUb:/TEST# file RemoteDebugger.py
RemoteDebugger.py: ERROR: cannot open `RemoteDebugger.py' (No such file
or directory)
root at SblzUb:/TEST# file RemoteDebugger.pyc
RemoteDebugger.pyc: ERROR: cannot open `RemoteDebugger.pyc' (No such file
or directory)
root at SblzUb:/TEST#

	None of that looks hopeful to me. Substituting report for bug got
no hits at all.