Synaptic

Erik Slagter erik at slagter.name
Thu May 22 13:07:39 UTC 2008

Allan Swanepoel wrote:
> 2008/5/22 Erik Slagter <erik at slagter.name>:
>> Anyone else have problems with synaptic since F9?
>>
>> When packages (any) are installed, it throws an error like "cpio: invalid
>> md5sum". The downloaded packages from the cache install fine using rpm
>> itself, so the packages are OK (which I suspected).
>
> Clean synaptic cache, and rebuild the cache. This will create new
> md5sums for all repos. This usually fixes the issue. I had this once,
> when F8 was just launched.

This is actually another problem that I am familiar with. Synaptic
complains about incorrect md5sums of repository files. Doing rm
/var/cache/apt/* /usr/lib/apt/lists/* usually does the trick.

OTOH synaptic complains about *packages* having a wrong md5sum, while
installing and also mentions cpio. This is another problem that's new to
me (and also I don't know a workaround).