Touchpad on Dell

William Burrows wburrows at redhat.com
Thu May 22 17:20:39 UTC 2008

Touchpad is not working in F9.  I installed F9 on a new Dell XPS m1530
and no touchpad driver appeared in xorg.conf, so I went ahead and added
the synaptics driver from the synaptics INSTALL docs.  I tried the
default settings (all 20 lines), then adjusted those 20 lines per
research, then lastly tried basic synaptics settings that appear to work
in most other user's xorg (indentifier/driver).

I then tried settings based upon another Dell XPS user's settings that
work.  This is a high-end gaming XPS, but you would think the touchpad
settings would be similar.  No synaptics drivers are being used, but a
more detailed mouse driver.  Still no touchpad.

HELP!