82801H (ICH8 Family) NO sound

stan goedigi89__e at cox.net
Fri May 23 03:57:36 UTC 2008

Justin Conover wrote:
> I've struggled with this since i"ve had this laptop.  Fedora 7/8 I was
> able to build the alsa-driver from mercurial repository and it
> worked.  So far I haven't been able to do that in Fedora 9.
>
> If I file a bug, what does it fall under, kernel, pulseaudio or
> something else.
Would you download and run the script at this location
http://hg.alsa-project.org/alsa/raw-file/tip/alsa-info.sh
and then post back the link so that people can see your sound setup?
The script scans your machine and extracts out things relevant for
diagnosis and puts them on a website.  It gives you a link to the
information that you can post here.

It will help determine where the problem is.  I've been able to compile
the latest HG drivers and library on Fedora 9 and they run without a
problem though I don't have an ICH8 card.  But there might be something
specific to your setup besides the card.