KDE 4.0.4: No screensaver unless

Mike mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Fri May 23 19:49:12 UTC 2008

Andrea <mariofutire <at> googlemail.com> writes:

>Since the big update to KDE 4.0.4 I've noticed that the screensaver only starts
>if I explicitly
> "Apply" it.
>
> Basically, the screensaver is always enabled but it kicks in only after
> 1) disable (and Apply)
> 2) reenable (and Apply)

You are luckier than I am - I have not had any screensavers available
in KDE4 including after the update!

How did you get to the screensaver control?
I went to kickoff->system settings->desktop-screen saver and no screen savers
appear to be available apart from the blank screen. I do have xscreensaver
installed. Did you do anything special to get a screensaver to become
available ?