Sun java plugin on FC9 x64 (with 32 bit firefox)

John Priddy jpriddy at redhat.com
Sat May 24 02:23:13 UTC 2008

Agreed.  I would love to use an oss version of java if possible.
Unfortunately some of the applets just don't work as expected -- be it
because the oss java isn't working right or the silly applets I am using
test for specific version numbers -- I don't much care.  Clearly its
pretty ridiculous that sun has still not released a compatible plugin at
this point (see the 'bug' reports for the latest linux plugin), but I
digress...  I have an i386 version of FC9 here that works with this 32
bit version of the java plugin and these applets work on it.  Bottom
line -- I want the same on 64 bit if possible.  Is there a way to have a
64bit FC9 os running while having the sun branded java plugin working?
I am willing to jump through as many hoops as possible, assuming its not
'reinsall with i386'.  Btw nswrapper clearly states they do not support
sun java.