Fedora 9 - Wireless SUCCESS - Use TKIP, not AES

john wendel jwendel10 at comcast.net
Sun May 25 03:32:00 UTC 2008

After several hours of fiddling with the non-working wireless network in
my new Fedora installation, I noticed in the log file a list of
supported security modules - and "WPA - AES" wasn't in the list.

So, I changed my router to use "WPA - TKIP" instead of "WPA - AES". I
then restarted the box, and got an perfect wireless connection.

It would really be nice if the #$$%%# software would have mentioned that
it doesn't support "AES".

Regards,

John