ddclient getting internet IP from AP

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Sun May 25 15:13:47 UTC 2008

Jim wrote:
> FC 8
> I'm using a  2WIRE783 router/modem AP from AT&T and I want  ddclient to
> be able to get the Internet IP for my network
> so it can forward it to dyndns.com.
> The other methods i'm using like "getip.com" and so on is not working, I
> think they are shutting me out.
> Is there a HowTo someplace to explain howto get it from the AP.
>
> Thanks
> Jim

You can run ddclient --help or visit
http://ddclient.wiki.sourceforge.net

I am not sure your specific router is supported out of the box, but
there is support for 2wire routers.

If I remember correctly, there was a fair amount of documentation in
the ddclient config file as well. (I have mine trimmed to just what
I need.)

Mikkel