RAID 1 and recovery

James Thorpe james at tfxsoft.com
Sun May 25 16:46:07 UTC 2008

Jeffrey Ross wrote:
> As I recall (while sweating bullets) I booted the rescue CD and
> enabled each of the RAID volumes one by one.  Unfortunately I don't
> remember the options from mdadm or I'd give them to you.
After the replies so far this is what i've been trying to do on my test
system - I've not managed to find the correct options yet - all the
attempts to use --assemble are resulting in "no devices found for
/dev/md0".  Any ideas what's wrong with the following:

mdadm --assemble /dev/md0 --run /dev/sdb1

(one attempt amongst many!)

I verified sdb is the correct drive using fdisk - it reported the
partition correctly as raid autodetect.

Any thoughts?

James.