FC9: low volume on Intel HDA

stan goedigi89__e at cox.net
Sun May 25 22:34:50 UTC 2008

Marco Guazzone wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've just fresh-installed FC9 x86_64 on my Dell Latitude D830.
>
> It seems the volume of audio of my Intel HDA is lower than the one I
> had on FC8... Approximately a reduction of 20% (i.e. 100% of FC9 seems
> to sounds like 80% of FC8).
> I check both the general volume and the PulseAudio Volume Control.
>
> Anyone experienced the same problem?
>
> Thank you so much!
>
> Cheers,
>
> -- Marco
I think there were changes to the volume portions of hda-intel code.  If
you are really curious you can ask this question on the alsa-devel list
to see if they will explain it.  If you do post there, be sure to run
the script at http://hg.alsa-project.org/alsa/raw-file/tip/alsa-info.sh
and then post the link so that people can see your sound setup.   The
script scans your machine and extracts out things relevant for diagnosis
and puts them on a website.  It gives you a link to the information that
you can post.  That will help them answer.  It would have been
interesting to see the difference with Fedora 8 on your machine.