F9 dolphin - view modes change.

Mick M. off_by_1 at yahoo.com
Mon May 26 07:48:18 UTC 2008

Hi;
 I like to use the "detailed" view when poking around my system.

dolphin -> view properties ->mode - details.
additional info -> select all.
apply view properties to -> all folders
check "use as default for new folders"

It then goes to "icon view" ?????
click on "details"
select a folder - goes to "icon view"

Also why does the icon view show all the detail I enabled ONLY? in detail view?
Why does it always use "icon view" when I said to use "detail view"?

Having the size in "icon view" is hany, but all the rest is clutter

It seems like I should be able to set details for each type of view.

Where did "preview in" "copy to" "preview in archiver" and "move to" go?

thanks
   Mick M.
Death before Decaf!!!