Epson CX7400 printer and FC9

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Tue May 27 02:49:26 UTC 2008

dpet wrote:
> On Fri, 23 May 2008 23:23:15 -0400 (EDT)
> fedora-list-request at redhat.com wrote:
>
>> The latest version of gutenprint is supposedly able to support this
>> printer. Any idea where I find that? If there is one issue with Linux
>> it's that by the time printer and scanner hardware is supported it's
>> no longer in production. I can't count how many scanners I have
>> bought (new) which just didn't work, and by the time they worked the
>> new model or new firmware was out and I couldn't buy the one that
>> works.
>>
>> Anyway, I would like to use this setup because it's quite neat but
>> totally unsupported.
>>
>> Alternatively, if I could use the USB printer and scanner directly
>> from Windows under kvm without causing the working system printers to
>> die, I would do that. Last time I tried the printer worked but the
>> rest of the system printers hung after I did it. :-(
>
> 	Do you mean that the scan and print drivers at:
>
> http://avasys.jp/hp/menu000000500/hpg000000442.htm
>
> 	are not suitable for you?

The rpm provided for my os and revision is 1.0.3-1 and has a boatload of
dependencies on library versions from FC6. While their documentation
suggest ignoring that, I don't think that getting rid of the error
messages will make it work better.

I appreciate the idea, but I think I'll pass on finding out what would
happen with calls to missing libraries after forcing an install.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>