Fedora 9 + Network Manager = Wireless NOT Connecting

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Thu May 29 09:15:45 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-05-28 at 23:00 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-05-28 at 21:31 -0400, Marc Ferguson wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > The PATH variable seems to already have a value in it:
> >
> > PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin
>
> I should hope so. $PATH is where the Shell looks for commands to
> execute. It's a list of directories to look in.
>
> lspci and friends are in /sbin (or sometimes in /usr/sbin). /sbin/lspci
> etc. will run them. Or do this in .bash_profile:
>
> PATH=/sbin:/usr/sbin:$PATH

Better is

        PATH=$PATH:/sbin:/usr/sbin

There are some programs with the same name in both /bin and /sbin
and /usr/bin and /usr/sbin that behave differently.  If you are a
regular user, you want the /bin and /usr/bin ones, not the /sbin
and /usr/sbim ones.

--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences