USB Install Method?

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Fri May 30 15:54:42 UTC 2008

> Ok, so using the information from Patrick I was able to use
> "livecd-iso-to-disk" to turn the "boot.iso" file into a bootable USB
> stick.
>
> However, livecd-iso-to-disk requires a vfat or ext2-3 f/s.  Do I had to
> run mkfs on the thumb drive first.

I'm assuming that you're asking.

If so, then no, you shouldn't have to run mkfs on the thumb drive...the
thumb drive (like most removable RAM media...sd cards, compact flash, etc)
is preformated as FAT16 or FAT32, which, in the Linux world, is "vfat".

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS