how to find WEP/WPA key to network if possible

max maximilianbianco at gmail.com
Fri May 30 22:54:33 UTC 2008

Timothy Murphy wrote:

>> The guy is on vacation, A teacher needs to connect to the network to teach
>> a lesson.  Nothing illegal or bad.  Otherwise I would not ask this
>> question.
>
> 1) Wouldn't there usually be an ethernet connection available
> in such a situation?
>
> 2) Re hacking, with my AP at least it seems absurdly simple
> to change the encryption key over the web.

You can disable wireless access to the router config, at least I can on
my WRT54g, you can also make it accessible only using https, not really
a security feature but an extra speed bump is always useful. I would
also disable UPnP if you haven't already.

--
On the eighth day he said "There shall be no rest for the weary."

On the ninth day he farted, and it smelled like sulphur.